Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Just a little tickle

We are sick.

Craig has been coughing for days. (he is currently narrating over my shoulder so he may soon be screaming for his life) It's one of those deep rattly coughs that they BEGGED him to produce in the hospital, but noooo. He's having no trouble with it now, doc.

I was all concerned-wifey, making sure he had Robitussin (even going to WalMart to get it, dear God!), sharing my Mucinex, and doling out Ambien nightly.

But now that I'm sick, bitch is on his own.

I got up this morning (after listening to him cough ALL NIGHT) and noticed a bit of a tickle in my throat. I took the dogs out, put on my workout clothes ... and went back to bed. The tickle moved into my chest, producing a patented Ang-cough, the likes of which causes coworkers to run and movie patrons to offer me cough drops.

At one point - 9ish, we'll say - Craig came in to the bedroom (he's taken to sleeping in the chair again. It's like his crib, little baby) and said he didn't know I was home until I started coughing.

"Oh baby, I got you sick," he said.
"Mmphmmfft," I replied.
"Do you still love me?" he asked.
"A little bit," I answered.

Because dammit he got me sick! And in each of our winters together, this is what happens: he gets sick, and is over it in three days. I get sick and cough for the next six weeks. Seems a little unfair.

Anyway, I didn't go to the gym because it is the second to last place I need to be, what with all the people and germs. The very last place I need to be is work, what with all its people and killer germs (I live for a squirt of hand sanitizer after each client). Alas, I shall go. Because I can guarantee it's only going to get worse.

In other news: wah wah wah.

THINGS CRAIG IS TEACHING HIS PRODIGY (AKA BODIE and ZULA): If you can have a steak first thing in the morning, you should.

Craig was making a zerbert noise to entertain the dogs. Rather than entertain, Zu was immensely bored (as is her way) and Bodie freaked the fuck out. Jumping, barking, I think he even deepened his bark in an effort to get Craig to stop. Which he did. 10 minutes later.

0 comments: