Sunday, December 21, 2008

It could be so much worse ...

9-5 by Dolly Parton is one of my favorite songs, so when I saw the movie for sale for $5.99 at Target I just had to have it. I've never seen it but figured anything featuring a mix of Dolly Parton and Lily Tomlin would be pretty great.

Last night Craig and I watched it, and all that working women have endured made my recent plight seem pretty harmless. My boss never called me "girl," or tried to pinch me or spread rumors of an affair. The faults were much less overt; nonetheless, I wouldn't mind figuring a way to ruin him or at least cause much pain (imagine being zipped up by a garage door opener!)

I was so disgusted by F. Hart, but in the end the girls got their way and were running the place. It may not be my story book ending, but those heroes (fiction and real) give me hope.

0 comments: